Sunday, June 17, 2007

Thief

I stopped at In-n-Out on the way to work today. While I was at the counter, I noticed that the man in front of me ordered water to drink (which is free). I thought nothing of it at the time...however, after I had placed my order and got my drink, I was sitting down waiting for my food, looking around to pass the time. And who do you think I see approaching the soda fountain? And who do you think pours himself a COCA-COLA? Yes, I'm sure you've deduced the answer. It was the man who ordered water. He shamelessly walked up to the machine, looked to each side to see if anyone was watching and then went ahead and poured himself some stolen beverage. How cheap can one person be? Seriously. Can't you spare the extra $.99? I have to say, he made me so mad I wanted to tell him to walk his cheap little butt up to the counter and give over a buck. But I didn't. What a sad commentary on our times.

No comments: